To our Morgan City community,
We at G&J first want to say we are a big stand for this community right now. We understand, right now and more than ever, that we need to come together and support each other. We have been in Morgan City for over 50 years now and know a lot of you personally. We have seen this town manage some big hits and still prosper. We know we will survive this too!
At G&J we are taking extra precautions to keep our staff and clients safe and healthy. This, more than anything, is at the forefront of all our decisions right now. With that being said, we have decided to open another safe option for our local customers to shop for groceries via curbside pick-up.
We evaluated our entire inventory and selected nearly 2,000 items G&J stocks that can be applied to the household consumer. FYI, as a USDA federal inspected food distributor that ships offshore, our proteins are vacuum sealed and frozen.
We are launching G&J curbside to assist the community during this unprecedented crisis, but also to continue to provide our core service to our long-term offshore customers. In order to continue to serve our offshore customers and still assist you in the community, we developed a process to hopefully accommodate everyone. Here is how it will work:
1. All orders will be placed via email on a customized order form in excel which can be downloaded where it says download OR at (https://gjcurbside.com/order.xlsx). Open order form and save to computer where you can access in future to fill out order. Just fill in the quantity desired for the product in the quantity column, and the spreadsheet will estimate the order total as you build your order. Please save again after completing the order and email to email@example.com.
G&J will only provide phone support for curbside customers that do not have email access. Please email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is significant to note we are developing a website with a shopping cart to place curbside orders to be released very soon. We will let you guys know when it is up and running!
2. There is a $30.00 minimum order; any outages or substitutes will take place as necessary. Due to the pandemic and supply allocations from our vendors, G&J cannot guarantee all items are the brand you ordered or if what you ordered is in stock during this crisis.
3. Our curbside customer rep team will communicate to you via email in order to process your order, answer your questions, set up your pickup time, and process your payment. To maintain social distance, there will be no transactions at pick up. Debit cards are preferred, but we will also accept credit cards. Payment must be made over the phone to ensure social distancing at pick up. During this pandemic we are avoiding cash. If you must only pay in cash, please bring exact change in a sealed envelope. We will not be able to make change at pick up.
4. A maximum of 3 pickup orders are allowed per 15-minute window (Saturday - Sunday 8 am – 9:30 am; Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm). Pick up times will be scheduled by the customer rep responding to your order sent via email to email@example.com. Orders will also need to be placed at least 24 hours before the day you’re desiring to pick up.
5. Call 985-385-2620 to let us know you are at the door for pickup. We will be out with your order within minutes. Please remain in your vehicle and pop the truck or open the door for our service member to load your vehicle. They will also provide you the receipt with debit/credit card receipt. To maintain social distance, the G&J service member will print your name on the receipt.
6. Hold off on the handshakes and hi-fives. Air fist bumps are recommended from a 6-foot distance.
Big ask: At this time, only G&J employees are allowed in the building. Please remain in your vehicle during your time slot and a G&J employee will load the order in your vehicle.
If you have any questions with the form located below at the download tap OR at the (https://gjcurbside.com/order.xlsx) website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a customer representative will respond quickly.
Stay tuned because next week we will launch the GJ Curbside Facebook, Instagram and online ordering website!!!!!
On behalf of Erik and Stephanie Lind, Cleve and Kelly Boudreaux, Mike and Dianne Lind, and the rest of the G&J team, we hope you all stay safe during these unprecedented times!
Stay safe and healthy!
Erik Lind & Kelly Lind Boudreaux